Excellent value for a week in Paris
11/10/2018 raluene, Montreal, Canada
Stayed at this hotel for 7 days in October. If I stayed in Paris for 1 couple days, I might have picked a more central location, but for a week long trip we found this hotel offered great value for th... more
Stayed at this hotel for 7 days in October. If I stayed in Paris for 1 couple days, I might have picked a more central location, but for a week long trip we found this hotel offered great value for the money. We had more space and comfort and saved a good amount of money compared to more central spots. We were very happy with our stay.
The service was excellent. Helpful and very friendly folks at front desk. We arrived early on the first day and they kept our luggage free of charge. When we arrived, the bathroom faucet was leaking water. We reported it and it was fixed quickly by the hotel. It didn't bother us and we didn't have any other issues. The room was clean and a good size for Paris standards. We had a comfy queen size bed. Wifi was free and mostly good. The bathroom has a bathtub and shower. We appreciated the option to soak our feet after long days of walking around Paris. Although I was skeptical at first, the hairdryer provided did an ok job of drying my long hair. The tv has a wireless connection option which was an awesome for us. We had downloaded a couple movies on our tablet and we were able to use the wireless connection to watch the movies on the tv.
Location and tips for getting around:
- Several small grocery stores available near this hotel.
- Took Uber Pool from airport. Was 37euro for the ride from airport to hotel.
- For a week trip, we found the packs of 10 tickets offer better value compared to the tourist tickets - 15euro. We ended up using 2 tickets per day each.
- To see the Eiffel tower, take the 30 bus on Rome street. Takes about 30min.
- To see Versailles, take the train across the street at Pont Cardinet.
- To see the Louvre or any spots downtown Paris, take the Malesherbes subway (10 min walk from hotel).
- Moulin Rouge and Sacré-Coeur are walking distance. About 1hr walk and a bit uphill, but you're going through Montmarte neighborhood and it's pleasant.
- Good food we tried near hotel: Casa Toni (Italian), Olives et Cacahuètes (French), Charles Traiteur (Coffee, sandwiches and baked goods)
- We booked a boat trip on the Seine river with Vedettes du Pont Neuf. Great value since the tour includes a free guide unlike most other tours. If you go at night, the boat stops in front of the Eiffel Tower exactly when it sparkles. less