I didn't need much from this hotel. It was simply somewhere to stay near East Midlands airport the night before an early flight. Comfortable and clean were my only requirements. Sadly I didn't really get either.
- Cheap (I suppose you get what you pay for).
- We were on the M1 side but I couldn't hear the traffic noise.
- Easy to find and navigate the car park.
- Staff were friendly.
- The bed was two single beds pushed together which in itself is not an issue. However one of the beds had collapsed/was broken, and was so uncomfortable. As we had an early flight and it was quite late, I decided not to try to switch rooms, as it had been difficult to find anyone at reception earlier on in the evening, I didn't imagine it would be easy late on.
- The actual sheets we slept under seemed clean, but the throw and small cushions were really quite vile. There were some very suspect marks and stains on them. These clearly have never been washed, and if they have, the stains aren't coming out so they need replacing.
- Some of the light bulbs were out.
- The hairdryer only blew out cold air, but as I say, this was a very early flight and I didn't fancy trekking to reception to get a new one at 3am.
- The whole place had a distinct smell of drainage.
- Throwing a litre of bleach down the toilet, and then never actually doing anything else to it so that the bleach just stains the toilet, does not constitute cleaning the toilet.
So why didn't I complain at the time? Well, it was hard to find anyone at reception in the evening, we had a very early flight and could have done without having to have any of these issues resolved (they should have been resolved beforehand), and I was prepared to mention these issues to the person at check-out in the morning so they could be fixed for the next guest, but they didn't even ask me if everything had been okay, which makes me think they probably think it's safer not to open the can of worms. less