We stayed at the BW Nottingham Derby for two nights in early February (booking through booking.com for the excellent price of £83, excluding breakfast).
I had called ahead to advise that I have limited mobility and we were allocated a ground floor room which was very close to reception. This thoughtfulness was absolutely typical of the consideration we received from all staff throughout, from reception to the cleaning staff to the barmen at the onsite restaurant/bar.
The hotel is located moments from the M1 (in fact, it is visible as you approach the junction from the south), but with the windows closed we didn't notice any noise at all rom the motorway. The hotel does allow dogs, and there was a rather noisy specimen down our hallway, but it wasn't the end of the world.
The room was of a good temperature and there was air con to be amended as required, with a fan under the luggage rack - not needed in February, of course, but good to see. There were 2 disabled parking spaces right next to the hotel entrance, and a further space behind the restaurant.
The room was of an excellent size for the price, and included a large kingsized bed (two twins connected together). Bed size is important for us, so this was great.
As other reviewers have mentioned, the sink is in the room itself, but this was no problem for us. A hairdryer and an iron were in the drawer of the main sideboard unit.
The fatal flaw mentioned above for us was the shower. As other reviewers have mentioned, the shower is a unusually shaped large unit with an oval base, a moulded seat and a moulded shelf - all useful features. However, the water pressure was very weak (although useable). Of more concern, however, was the changing temperature we experienced Sunday morning. Without touching the control, the water temperature cycled through unpleasantly cold, to tepid, to scalding hot and back again every 30-45 seconds. Both my husband and I were genuinely having to move around the unit (good thing it was large) to only be in the path of the water stream on irregular intervals and the first time it happened, I almost slipped and fell in my rush to get out of the way.
We did report this to the reception, who displayed shock and dismay, and that they would call maintenance - however, before writing this review, I searched the existing comments and I note that this is not an unknown problem by any means.
For some, this may have been an minor inconvenience, but we enjoy our showers and for me this could have been a little dangerous - hence it has cost them a star. All other aspects of the visit were very good and this is not to say we wouldn't stay here again - but we would check the shower before we got into it! less