• Low rate guarantee
  • Free WIFI
  • 250+ hotels in GB

Best Western Monticello Gateway Inn

AAA - 2 Diamond

Rooms & Rates

Please select
Secure the best rate with Best Western Rewards.
Exclusive discounts always available to Rewards members. Joining is free and easy.

Explore Hotel

The Best Western Monticello Gateway Inn lies at the focal point of unique Monticello and Piatt counties, on Interstate 72 in the central Illinois community. This prairie community proudly displays sites and events continuously through the year, with a special emphasis on the 2,000 acres of native plains and upland forest that make up beautiful Allerton Park, a Registered Natural Landmark. The new hotel is 15 minutes from University of Illinois sports, arts and conference events.

We feature many amenities to fulfill your needs such as a complimentary full breakfast, indoor pool, conference center, free newspaper, dataports, interior corridors, rooms and facilities to accommodate physically challenged guests, and an elevator. The Railway Museum, next to the Inn, displays 100 years of U.S. Railway history with an operating railway system.

It is the convenient, friendly place to stay when visiting Champaign, Decatur, and other East Central Illinois communities. Monticello welcomes you!

The public restrooms in our pool area are being renovated.

View more

Location

805 Iron Horse Place
Monticello
Illinois
61856-8145
United States
AAA - 2 Diamond

Summary

Pets: No Pets accepted
Check-in & Check-out
15:00:00 | 11:00:00

Facilities

Location and Attractions

Getting there.

Sat nav users: type 61856-8145

Send to Tom Tom

Address
805 Iron Horse Place
Monticello
Illinois
61856-8145
United States


What's nearby?

Recreation

  • 10 mile(s) from Mahomet

  • 20 mile(s) from Champaign/Urbana

  • 26 mile(s) from Decatur

  • 27 mile(s) from Rantoul

  • 40 mile(s) from Bloomington/Normal

  • 20 mile(s) from Kraft Foods

  • 26 mile(s) from ADM

  • 26 mile(s) from Caterpillar

  • 26 mile(s) from A.E. Staley

  • 26 mile(s) from Zexel

  • 26 mile(s) from Illinois Power

  • 26 mile(s) from Mueller

  • 26 mile(s) from Norfolk Southern

  • 40 mile(s) from State Farm Insurance

  • 40 mile(s) from Farm Bureau of Illinois

  • 19 mile(s) from Parkland College, Community College

  • 22 mile(s) from Univ. of Illinois at U-C, University of Illinois at Urbana-Chamapign, Public

  • 24 mile(s) from Richland College, Community College

  • 32 mile(s) from Millikin University, Private




Room Theatre Classroom U-Shape Boardroom Banquet
Have an enquiry?
Contact events on 0845 620 0506

Reviews

TripAdvisor Traveller Rating: Rating: Based on 233 traveller reviews
Rating: 5 125
Rating: 4 55
Rating: 3 24
Rating: 2 10
Rating: 1 19
Rating

Worst Motel I Ever Experienced

14/09/2017 ConradHastler, Houston, Texas

Why am i writing a review of a motel 95% of readers will never have cause to visit? The reason is this hotel was so terrible I want to alert the other 5%. 1. The door on my room was broken so would n... more

Owner Response
BestWesternHotels, Corporate at Best Western Monticello Gateway Inn, responded to this review
We are sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not exceed your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to make improvements to offer guests a better experience in the future. We hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again. -Best Western Hotels & Resorts
Rating

Staff was helpful

11/09/2017 joebA8754JQ, Houston, Texas

We had a lot of people staying this past weekend and the staff was always so kind and helpful. Our rooms were cleaned everyday so when we got back from the long day we came back to a clean fresh smell... more

Rating

Excellent

11/09/2017 728clydec, Clio, Michigan

We enjoyed our stay at the motel everyone was very friendly and the service was excellent, the rooms were very clean and nice. We will always use this motel when in the area and highly recommend it. T... more

Rating

Expensive

09/09/2017 Roberta B,

We had to pay the price since our grandson was being married there but there were no other competitive hotels in the area. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. The indoor pool was very nice b... more

Rating

Family Reunion in August

06/09/2017 spm_32, Monticello, Illinois

This hotel welcomed over 90 people from our family to Monticello, IL. Not only did they put out special treats for them every night, they also allowed their banquet facility to be a reserve in case of... more