I'm writing my second review of this hotel, where we stayed for six nights in August 2015. Our first stay here was for a week back in October 2012. Then, we stayed in the James Bond suite (with the outdoor hot tub), but this time, we stayed in room3 305, the Diva Suite, which had pictures of female singers hanging on the wall.
Aside from the long hallway, the suite comprises of a living room (with a sofa bed), a separate kitchen (excellent), the main bedroom, a bathroom (a bit on the small side for a family), and an airing cupboard. We found this a much preferable arrangement than the James Bond suite where the kitchen was part of the sitting area, although it did have a larger bathroom.
We very much enjoyed our stay here (6 nights).
- Staff are very friendly and welcoming. The cleaning staff also do a very good job.
- It has excellent transport facilities right outside the hotel, with buses going to Ealing Broadway (10 minutes by bus, or 20 minutes by foot), trains to Paddington from West Ealing (10 minutes by foot).
- There are plenty of shops and supermarkets to purchase food if you prefer to cook, otherwise you are spoilt for choice if you prefer to eat or to buy a takeaway, especially if you like Lebanese/Middle Eastern food.
I do have some quibbles:
- neither of the TV remotes worked in the living room or main bedroom, even after changing the batteries
- as previously stated, the bathroom was a bit small for a family, but fine for a couple
- if you sleep in the living room, where the sofa bed is located, the outside noise especially at night will either keep you awake or the police sirens will wake you up. The room faces the main street. and each night, there must have been 3 or 4 police sirens. I thought that one of the room windows had been left open, but the two vellum windows were shut, but the one single-glazed window was probably allowing all the noise in. bring some ear plugs, which is what I resorted to. The hotel should soundproof this window really.
- The decor is starting to look a little tired, and would do with a bit of brightening up, or tidying.
Despite my negatives above, we really enjoyed our stay. It is excellent value for money, great links into Central London, and a vibrant are for shopping, eating out, etc. less