This hotel was not what I booked personally, rather it was booked for us by our tour operator and believe me had it not been booked by them, I would have never, never booked this hotel. Infact if ther... more
This hotel was not what I booked personally, rather it was booked for us by our tour operator and believe me had it not been booked by them, I would have never, never booked this hotel. Infact if there is anything below 1 star rating, maybe a negative star in TA, I would have happily given them that rating. I’ll summarise my experience:
1. The reception had extremely unwelcoming staff, no smile, no greeting nothing, just reluctantly handed over our keys.
2. Room: Room was spacious and carpeted, that’s the good part, but furniture was extremely old, worn out and badly needed a refurb. We were given a room with two separate single beds. Imagine a couple sleeping separately. When we requested a room change they told me over intercom : “you don’t get any better for what you paid”.. I mean is that a joke?
3. Bed: The mattress had completely sagged in the middle, it was very uncomfortable to sleep as the back was not getting any support at all.
4. Washroom: The washroom had broken tiles, and no drain.. NO DRAIN. I mean where is the water supposed to go if it splashes out from the basin.
5. Aircon: There was this horrible aircon machine which was not working at all. On switching it ON it only made a noise like a train running with no ventilation at all. We had to open windows at night and earn mosquito bites as the reception desk did not help us in this matter as well.
6. Checkout: Finally the climax. During check in we were instructed not to wet the floor else a €50 fine would be applicable. I mean who tells this kind of thing. Anyway we were still cautious not to wet the washroom floor as we later realised that they had engineering defect, their washrooms were constructed without a drain. While checkout there was one family who had wet the floor. When it came to notice of the staff, they started shouting and yelling at the family and our tour guide. After that the guy handed over a mop to the father and asked him to clean the toilet. That man had two small daughters who may have spilled water on the floor. Because of that he had to clean the toilet. Imagine the humiliation the father had to face.
7. Interaction with me: I was the first one to hand over the access card while checkout and went straight to have breakfast. My guide came running to me and said that the receptionist had told that he has not received my room key. This was after the incident of the father. When I went to he reception, I saw receptionist talking to a customer in a very friendly tone. When I asked him about the key, he turned a red face towards me and yelled at me at an extremely rude tone: “don’t you see that I am talking to someone? Don’t speak to me unless I am finished “ I mean who talks to a customer like that? Anyway I waited for my turn. Once he was done with the other guy he turned towards me and told me that I have lost my access card and am supposed to pay a fine. Luckily I quickly noticed that my access card was lying just next to him wth the fellow lady receptionist. I pointed it out to him, he took the card and turned away from me. There was no apology for his misbehaviour, even though when he was wrong.
My strong recommendation:
AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COST. less