Whether or not you'll like this hotel totally depends on your expectations going into it and what is most important to you. Here are my Pros and Cons:
- LOCATION is excellent! Nice area with just hotels. Walking distance to Disney Springs (day) and shuttle bus pickup every 30 min (or is supposed to be. Pickup from the parks not that dependable).
- BALCONIES - This was the MAIN reason I choice this hotel! So nice to sit and relax with a glass of wine or eat alfresco and enjoy the nice weather. Balconies are private and furnished with a table and chairs for two. My other option was across the street in the nicer/bit more expensive Holiday Inn. However most of the balconies in the HI were walled in so when sitting you cant see anything but concrete wall. Plus the HI is right on the freeway. This side of Hotel Blvd is best. This BW hotel is three sided - two sides have beautiful views and the other side faces the noisy street (it's set back a bit) but you don't hear the traffic inside the room. I was on the traffic side because it got nice sun. The beautiful/peaceful trees view rooms have shady balconies. Room location is a personal choice but higher rooms are best.
- ROOMS: Comfortable beds. Spacious rooms. Nicely furnished. Clean. Good size safes. And again...balconies!
- STAFF (pro and con): The bellman (middle-older age Hispanic gentleman) was super nice, friendly and helpful. Give him a raise. Disney gift shop lady was nice. Also, my housekeeper (forgot her name) was great!
-DIDN'T SMELL. Always a pro :)
- OLD ROOMS/BATHROOMS: The hotel/rooms are very old and it shows. The bathrooms especially need a facelift. While somethings like the backward faucets and countertops are updated, most things need updating.The re-glaze on the tub was peeling off and the tub didn't drain properly so you may want to wash it good before using it because your feet will be immerged in water. Old tile. Cramped. Water comes in two temps: warm and hot. No cold. Other guests I spoke to said the same thing about their rooms. Toilets often needed two flushings due to low water levels.
- TOWELS: You only get 3 (two queen bed rm) and they are like sandpaper.
- LIGHTING: Bad lighting. Bed sconces flickered. When I pulled out my bed to plug in phone (no phone plugins) I could see the wiggly outlet not even attached properly to the wall,
- TV: If you have a game or something important to watch on TV don't plan on watching it in your room. The TV is ANALOG!! Yep, analog. Remember that?? Only a few channels. Most are grainy, some are very fuzzy and have a loud buzzzzzz. Also, volume is different on each channel so when you switch around be prepared.
-THERMOSTATS: I was told when I called prior to booking that this hotel runs on an old "4 pipe heating/cooling system", therefore, when you stay during the winter months where you might need AC during the day and heat at night, you need to call maintenance to come into your room each and every night/morning to manually switch it back and forth, Also, the fan is VERY noisy if you have it on automatic. So whenever it kicks on it wakes you. You can leave it on low or high setting but then you freeze/roast. BUT I found a little switch on the bottom of the thermostat that I just flipped to turn AC completely off at night. I found I did not need to call for heat at night (warm February) so it turned out OK for me. (I was prepared with warm PJs just in case though because I didn't want Maintenance in my room in the middle of the night when the temp dipped!). Had I not read this on Trip Advisor and called the hotel I never would've known about this need to call maintenance to switch back and forth. Nobody said a word when checking in and no info about it in the room. As a matter of fact, they didn't even have the standard information binder in the room. No info about hotel whatsoever other than the bus schedule in the tiny room card holder and a couple coupons for their restaurant (which I did not try as Disney Springs has some awesome restaurants!).
NOISE: The walls are thin and there were these loud noises that sounded like gunshots! I knew they weren't but I never did figure out what they were. Possibly doors slamming?? They were really loud (how much would it cost to put those little rubber stopper door silencers on the doors!?!)...but it also could've been the toilets. They were crazy loud when flushed. And those balcony chairs! Ugh...they were SO loud when people above/around you moved their chairs. Again, those little rubber things for chair feet are cheap, Please invest in them Best Western!
BAR: Not open during the day. So forget about a drink poolside.
STAFF: Like I said, the housekeeper, bellman were great. Front desk and rest of staff I encountered I found meh...and unprofessional.
So.....with all that said. I would say that if you go into it knowing and expecting these things in advance, then you can't really be too disappointed. For me, I am still undecided if I would stay here again. The balconies and location really are great....so probably. less