outside the city centre but to be recommended
05/03/2017 l-a d, Antwerp, Belgium
1. the pasta al pesto ordered in the hotel was a-tro-cious!! It was rubbery, some bits were uncooked and I was told that it was like that since it had been deep-frozen (cooked pasta out of ... more
1. the pasta al pesto ordered in the hotel was a-tro-cious!! It was rubbery, some bits were uncooked and I was told that it was like that since it had been deep-frozen (cooked pasta out of the deep-freeze and the microwaved, in Italy??)
2. I couldn't work the thermostat and set it to low.
3. There is a constant humming noise from - I guess - the heating/airco system, but you get used to that.
1. Personnel. Really, really very, very kind, helpful and they will go out of their way if you have a request. Very efficient, down to earth. Top marks!
2. The room and bathroom: excellent!!! Very spacious and the bathroom was geared for people in a wheelchair. Requested a tea-maker and got one.
3. Breakfast: very good!
4. The salad was simple but good and if you eat in the hotel, the meal is served in the downstair breakfast room.
Centre is less than a 15-minute walk away (turn right, walk to the park, go round the park while keeping the park to your left and as you descend the steps you will reach a street where you can catch the Alibus to the airport at the telegraph office for €4 which will take you there in 20 minutes). Via Etnea is right in front of you. less
Santi V, Direttore at BEST WESTERN Hotel Mediterraneo, responded to this review
Dear l-a d, thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. First of all we have to apologize because, reading your words, we understand that there was a problem in communication on our side. You were not told that we do not have an internal Restaurant with a kitchen, therefore what we serve in our Snack-Bar is only salads (that we are happy you appreciated), toasts and pre-cooked frozen foods (as written on our Menus), including the Pasta you had. But it was our fault if that was not properly heated and the matter was not explained to you. Therefore, next time you come to us, it will be our pleasure to send you, as our guest, in the nearby Restaurant with which we have an agreement, were you can taste a proper Italian "Pasta al Pesto".
We'll be happy also to send a member of our Staff to set the correct temperature in your room if it is not very clear how it works.
But we are glad to read that you appreciated our Personnel, our Rooms, our central Position and our tasty Breakfast.
We look forward to your next reservation to leave you with a better experience about our Hotel.
Best Western Hotel Mediterraneo - Catania