A mixed bag
15/05/2017 DebbieMorgan84, Guildford, United Kingdom
I recently stayed in the Best Western as it was the only hotel available due to a large trade fair in the area. Hotel is over 2 floors - ground where the reception is and 5th floor where rooms/breakfa... more
I recently stayed in the Best Western as it was the only hotel available due to a large trade fair in the area. Hotel is over 2 floors - ground where the reception is and 5th floor where rooms/breakfast room/gym are. The hotel is very jekyll and hyde so I'll list the plus and minus points
- Hotel had very friendly staff who were helpful
- Had a great breakfast for the price (10 Euro) compared to other hotels in the area. Lots of fruit, fresh squeezed juice (you can squeeze it yourself with a machine), meats, cheeses, bread, cereal and freshly baked croissants.
- Bed was comfortable
- Bathroom and bedroom generally clean
- Nice tea and coffee atrium (sometimes with cake)
- Tea & coffee facilities in room, first time I've seen that in a hotel in Mulheim.
- Hard to find the entrance to hotel, best way is via entering the Forum shopping centre and walking to the back and off to the side. Not easy to find from outside either.
- Whilst it has a gym (plus!) it consists of only a weights machine, cross trainer and bike. Not too bad for a short say.
- Wifi was terrible. First night it worked fine, second and third nights it refused to connect for much of the night. Luckily I didn't have any work to do and had saved some offline entertainment in Netflix.
- Room absolutely STANK of cigarettes. Unusual to see smoking rooms these days but this was one complete with ashtray and matches. Slept with window open all night and left window open all day (luckily it was a quiet and secure room) and still felt very asthmatic when waking up after breathing the smoke residue in all night. Really off-putting.
- No iron in room like advertised. Not that big of an issue but would have been helpful considering it is next to impossible to pack working clothes without getting them creased.
All in all I would consider staying in the hotel again however it would need to be a guaranteed non-smoking room and I'd have to ensure I didn't need to rely on the wifi. less
BW-Muelheim, Frontoffice at Best Western Hotel Im Forum Muelheim, responded to this review
Dear Mrs. Morgan,
thank you very much for your detailed and mostly positive evaluation. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we will continue to strive to meet your every need. Unfortunately, we can’t change much about the location of our hotel but we are in progress of re-doing the signs due to a recent change of branding standards. We are currently working on improving our internet connection by adding extra routers and WI-FI boxes. In 3 weeks, if everything is going according to plan, each room will have an ironing board and iron so you do not have to wait anymore. Since we have guests from all over the world with different preferences, we also have smoker guests and for these we have a small number of smoking rooms. We would be very grateful if you could let us know in advance that you require a non-smoking room. Thank you very much for your time and consideration!