Checker in yesterday for 5 nights--leaving after one night
11/04/2019 384maryanneg, Lake Norman, North Carolina
Boy, has this place taken a nose dive since I last stayed here a few years ago. Here's what I've found in just 24 hours, only 10 hours of it on site--and why I'm moving to another place tomorrow: All ... more
Boy, has this place taken a nose dive since I last stayed here a few years ago. Here's what I've found in just 24 hours, only 10 hours of it on site--and why I'm moving to another place tomorrow: All phones are blocked for long distance AND toll-free, so don't even consider doing business here. The pool is as warm as a hot-tub. It was 75 and blazing here this afternoon; the pool was probably about 100 degrees. The actual real hot tub appears to have fungus--some very strange green hue. One gate from pool area to return to hotel rooms has a broken key lock--doesn't work. The breakfast was, at best, so-so--and the line for the free breakfast coupon you need to pick up every day at the front desk was 8 people long this AM, all waiting for a couple to check out. (Seriously--the desk clerk has to write down the name of everyone who asks for their daily coupon.) Note--the breakfast coupon is worth $6, which is a good hint about the food. Let's see. You can't turn down the air conditioner; they've got that locked and your room *will* be too warm for sleeping; in my experience, that's another way (like blocking long distance calls) that cheap hotels function. There's only one elevator for a lot of VERY long halls built in a square. Yes, they have step-free access, but you could push a wheelchair 200 yards easily to get to a room. But worst in my book, since I'm traveling as a single woman, is that at least the back door--the furthest away from the entrance--is never locked. It says it will be locked at night, but it's not. Just c'mon in. Terrible security. Outta here as quickly as possible. Try AirBNB, very nice places in the area, particularly with snowbirds now heading home. less
WadeH293, General Manager at Best Western Green Valley Inn, responded to this review
I apologize that we did not meet your expectation. We work very hard to ensure guest satisfaction.
I did want to take a moment to respond to a couple of things you felt necessary to bring up and call us out on. 1. YES, The pool is heated and is heated to a temperature of 80 degrees. Most guest find this very comfortable especially at night when the temperature drastically change here in the desert.
2. Breakfast coupons. We do issue coupons each day and and only write down the room numbers to verify occupancy. Unfortunately this because the HOTEL DOES NOT OWN OR OPERATE THE RESTAURANT BUSINESS . We have to have a accurate accounting for meals we purchase from the restaurant that we include for each guest in the room rate.
3. The hotel presets the individual PTAC units between 70 and 72 degrees but can be operated and adjusted by guest for their comfort preference.
4. You are correct about the "Green Hue" to the hot tub. This is because the pebble tec for the hot tub is green and you are seeing straight to the bottom because the water is clear or the jest were on.
5. The phone are not blocked to prevent guest from using them. I apologize if you had trouble utilizing the system and will look into what may have transpired with regard to your room.
6. The ownership added the elevator to the property as there was not one when the property was originally built. I apologize that you having one inconvenient.