Book online for a better deal
16/03/2018 Brenda L, Modesto, California
We were traveling from central valley, CA to New Mexico and decided to stop in Needles, CA after a 7.5 hour drive on our first day. We didn't make any reservation online because we weren't sure when ... more
We were traveling from central valley, CA to New Mexico and decided to stop in Needles, CA after a 7.5 hour drive on our first day. We didn't make any reservation online because we weren't sure when and where we were going to stop even though we considered to stop at Best Western at Needles, CA. Of course we did end up staying here and it turned out to be a bit pricier than I expected. It was $10-$15 more than I expected (even with the pet fee of $15) based on third-party booking websites shown on google maps. Now for the pros and cons....
1) Great, friendly front desk staff and smooth check-in and check-out service
2) No restaurant or even breakfast inside hotel; however restaurant serving all 3 meals within walking distance (Giggling Cactus). You get complimentary breakfast there and 10% off dinner.
3) Clean, spacious rooms.
4) Conveniently located near I-40, easy access.
5) Fenced-in pet relief area where your furry friend can be off-leash with poop bags.
6) I love that the soap/shampoo/conditioner/lotion came out of the dispenser instead of those annoying small plastic bottles, which are easier to use (well should be-look at cons) and are more environmental-friendly
1) Not in a great area in terms of noise (near a trucker stop) and walls are thin
2) Our room had a weird smell when we walked in
3) If you want a complimentary breakfast, you are limited to 4 options...so no buffet style breakfast. Other options on their menu are 20% off for breakfast but looked alot more enticing
4) The dispenser was harder to use than it looked, esp for the soap. I would have to push several times to get the body wash out and when it came out, very little was dispensed at once.
5) Speaking of environmental friendly, no recycling cans.
6) Tiny bathroom (more so according to my bf) less
Rebecca D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Colorado River Inn, responded to this review
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.