Okay....only decent option in Glenwood Springs.
We decided to extend our stay in Colorado and spent a couple nights in Glenwood Springs. Opted for Best Western because of the proximity to hot spots and pictures/reviews on the vendor site we used. Overall, it was a bit disappointing, but hey, can’t complain too much since Glenwood Springs is limited on 4-5 star hotels.
A few things we noted:
-Close to downtown, Iron mountain hot springs, Glenwood Cavern Adventure Park, Walmart, and pretty much anywhere in Glenwood Springs! -Swimming pools (jacuzzi, pool, kiddie pool). -Breakfast was “grab-n-go”- great alternative to hot options since COVID restricts this. We didn’t take advantage of it, but I’m going to give them a benefit of a doubt and say that it’s probably decent.
- has a microwave and refrigerator- comes in handy for leftovers!
- Swimming pool was overcrowded with a ton of kids. Some were very loud and disrespectful about anyone else in there- though I mainly blame this one on the parents! However, with COVID, I would’ve expected more management from the property on capacity.
- Room smelled like marijuana most of the time! I get it- it’s legal here, but not a great smell to have consistently throughout the stay, especially with kids. It gave me headaches which further degraded my ranking of this place.
- Internet was sketchy. My husband and I brought work with us and we both kept losing connection. Not fun when you’re in meetings.
- Price- we paid over $170 per night which was way too much in my opinion for this place.
- Because this place is literally right next to the mountains, it would’ve been nice to have bigger windows in the room. The blinds didn’t allow for much view which was disappointing, again, especially given the location.
Overall, I gave them a 2.5 out of 5. We had a great time in Glenwood Springs, but did not enjoy our room as much.
Hopefully you find this review helpful. less