The room was comfy although very basic. It had air conditioning, and was clean. The wifi was reliable and the room was not noisy. The staff were nice to me! However;
- The towel rail and shelf in the bathroom were breaking away from the wall
- The toilet is crammed in the corner so you have to sit at an angle
- The bar was closed meaning no food at all in the evenings, nowhere to chill out
- I was told there was no way for me to get anything to drink AT ALL except a vending machine downstairs, but it only took coins (of which I had none) and so I was out of luck. In the end I was directed to a discount supermarket a 10 minute walk away, and bought a bottle of horrible fizzy drink for 35c.
- I asked for recommendations on where to eat, specifying "somewhere good, with a nice view, I'm happy to get a taxi" and all they could suggest was a poor looking restaurant down the road (with no view). No suggestions in the whole of Rome, really?
- At breakfast they had no decent coffee (only cold black coffee in a jug because the machines were not working), and... unbelievably, I can't quite believe I wasn't dreaming - no juices to drink at all (no apple, orange, etc). Just water from a shared jug that tasted bad. Again, the staff were very apologetic but go to the store and buy some guys, come on! Send someone out! It's not hard!
- The buffet selection was OK.
- The location is a 20 EUR taxi trip to Piazza Navona, if you want to calibrate distance. I actually found it was convenient for catching Ubers, and there is a metro stop a shortish walk away, although I didn't use it.
Truthfully I enjoyed my trip, and having somewhere comfy (the bed) and cool to sleep was great. And if I need to be in that specific part of Rome again I would consider staying here as it's a known quantity and while not particularly effective the staff were very friendly.
But this hotel could be so much better if they just took a step back and looked at the customers perspective, it's not good enough even for budget places. less