We selected the Best Western Weingarten for a family trip to the locations in the eastern part of Bodensee, and a visit to the amusement park Ravenburger Spieleland. We stayed for two nights, and over... more
We selected the Best Western Weingarten for a family trip to the locations in the eastern part of Bodensee, and a visit to the amusement park Ravenburger Spieleland. We stayed for two nights, and overall had a pleasant experience wth this hotel. Would have rated it as 3.5/5 if this was possible.
- Location: nearby Weingarten Abbey was impressive, and can be reached on foot. Also within walking distance there are a few dining places (and breakfast spots in case your booking doesn't include it: check Cafe Schmidt in nearby Löwenplatz and Cafe am Stadtgarten). A visit to nearby Ravensburg is highly recommended, with plenty of dining options and a beautiful old town to explore.
- Our room was much bigger than expected, and looked well maintained. We were on the 3rd floor facing the park, and it was very quiet at night.
- Parking was free throughout designated parking spots near the hotel. Very convenient, and plenty of availability.
- Staff were very responsive to our requests. Upon check-in were assigned to a room on the 1st floor, which had a strong smell of smoking. We went back to the reception to complain, and were immediately alocated to a room on the 3rd floor that was smoke-free. Late check out was also promptly granted.
- Internet connection speed was surprisingly low.
- Our bathroom looked a bit dated. It was clean, and again well maintained, but there were minor issues like (i) the difficulty in setting the right water temperature in the shower and (ii) the use of liquid-soap containers in a hotel that claims 4 stars.
In summary: for little more than 100 usd/night, this Best Western was very good value for money. Recommended to visit nearby Ravensburg and Spieleland amusement park. less