in Festivals & Heritage
All year round
Bath Assembly Rooms were designed by John Wood the Younger in 1769 when the town was emerging as a fashionable centre for "polite society". Bombed during the Second World War, the building was fully restored and today comprises offices for Bath & North East Somerset Council, elegant public rooms and the Museum of Costume in the basement.
Content provided by Frommers Unlimited, copyright © 2015:
Whatsonwhen Ltd, John Wiley & Sons, Inc