THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
Calling all budding photographers!
We are asking you to get behind the lens and snap a scene that sums up the Great British summer. We’re after an image that captures what summertime means to you, from sunny shores to rolling countryside, or an iconic image from our little island, we will leave the creativity up to you!
For your chance to win a fabulous 2 night stay at BEST WESTERN Kinloch Hotel on the beautiful Isle of Arran (stunning scenery with plenty of opportunites to get your camera out) simply email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to DND comp, Cedar Communications, 85 Strand, London, WC2R 0DW by 1st October 2013.
The competition will be judged by professional photographer Richard Cannon.
For full terms and conditions please see below.
1. This competition is open to UK residents aged 18+ except employees and their immediate families of Best Western, their agents or anyone professionally connected with this competition.
2. Closing date for receipt of all entries is midnight on 1st October 2013
3. Only one entry per per person. Multiple entries will result in disqualification.
4. To enter the competition, e-mail your photo to email@example.com or post to DND Comp, Cedar Communications, 85 Strand, London, WC2R 0DW. Entries will only be accepted by e-mail or here. Maximum size of file is 2MB. Entries which exceed this size will not be accepted. Unfortunately pictures that are posted cannot be returned.
5. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this competition. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries which are incomplete, delayed, corrupted, damaged, wrongly delivered or not received for whatsoever reason.
7. Any entrant who does not provide all required details on the entry form will be disqualified.
8. The prize must be accepted as offered. There are no cash or alternative prizes, in whole or part.
9. 7. The prize is a 2 night stay at BEST WESTERN Kinloch Hotel, Isle of Arran for 2 people in a twin/double room, and includes breakfast and car ferry tickets. The prize must be taken between 1st November 2013 and 20th March 2014.
10. All additional spend (such as bar bills and newspapers) must be paid in full prior to departure. Bookings are not valid over Half Term, Christmas, Valentine’s, Easter and bank holidays.
11. Travel to and from the hotel is not included, except for car ferry tickets.
12. Any tax liability arising from the prize is the winner’s responsibility.
13. The prize will be awarded to the entrant whose picture, in the opinion of the independent judge, Richard Cannon, sums up the great British summer.
14. The winners will be notified by e-mail within 28 days of closing date. If a winner cannot be contacted within a further 28 days, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and will award the prize to a runner up chosen at the same time as the original.
15. Judges’ decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
16. The winner may be required to take part in publicity resulting from this competition with no recompense.
17. When you submit any materials, including the picture, via the promotion, you thereby licence and grant the promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees an ex-clusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. You agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use, where moral rights in respect of the content are yours to assert. You warrant that the picture is your original works and that it has not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other material and that you have the full authority to grant these rights to the promoter. Entries cannot be returned.
18. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
19. The promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circum-stances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
20. This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute with a UK resident arising out of or in connection with this promotion.
21. The promoter is Best Western Hotels, Consort House, Amy Johnson Way, York, YO30 4GP.