“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien
Here at Best Western, we’re on the lookout for the happiest person in the UK.
Why? Because it’s winter.
As the cold winds and dark nights crowd around us, we want to celebrate those who always have a smile on their face. To help you thank your happiness ambassador, we need you to write the name of your nominee and one reason why you’ve nominated them on our Facebook or Twitter page with #Happiness_is included.
The prize? Two weekend breaks, dinner bed and breakfast at selected Best Western hotels.
So, tell us who makes you smile and why :)
Terms and Conditions:
1. This competition is open to UK residents aged 18+ except employees and their immediate families of Best Western, their agents or anyone professionally connected with this competition.
2. Closing date for receipt of all entries is midday on January 4th, 2014
3. Only one entry per person. Multiple entries will result in disqualification.
4. To enter the competition, Tweet or Facebook share your nomination and why they deserve the recognition.
5. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this competition. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries which are incomplete, delayed, corrupted, damaged, wrongly delivered or not received for whatsoever reason.
7. The prize must be accepted as offered. There are no cash or alternative prizes, in whole or part.
8. The prize is two-weekend breaks at selected hotels with dinner, bed and breakfast.
9. All additional spend (such as bar bills and newspapers) must be paid in full prior to departure. Bookings are not valid over Half Term, Christmas, Valentine’s, Easter and bank holidays.
10. Prizes should be booked and taken by March 31st 2014
11. Travel to and from the hotel is not included.
12. Any tax liability arising from the prize is the winner’s responsibility.
13. The prize will be awarded to the nominee who is deemed most deserving by Best Western.
14. The winners will be notified by e-mail within 28 days of closing date. If a winner cannot be contacted within a further 28 days, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and will award the prize to a runner up chosen at the same time as the original.
15. Judges’ decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
16. The winner will be required to take part in publicity resulting from this competition with no recompense.
17. When you submit any materials, including the picture, via the promotion, you thereby licence and grant the promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees an ex-clusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. You agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use, where moral rights in respect of the content are yours to assert. You warrant that the picture is your original works and that it has not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other material and that you have the full authority to grant these rights to the promoter. Entries cannot be returned.
18. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
19. The promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
20. This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute with a UK resident arising out of or in connection with this promotion.
21. The promoter is Best Western Hotels, Consort House, Amy Johnson Way, York, YO30 4GP.